Şile Ayazma Public Beach is a popular destination located in Şile, Turkey. The beach is famous for its crystal clear water, white sandy beaches, and its serene environment. It is considered as one of the cleanest beaches in the region and offers a variety of activities for visitors. Facilities and Activities:The beach offers several facilities including beach chairs, umbrellas, showers, and changing rooms. Visitors can also find a car park, snack bars, restaurants, and shops. Some of the activities available at the beach include sunbathing, swimming, surfing, windsurfing, and kiteboarding. There is also a volleyball court and a children's playground for those who want to engage in outdoor activities. Location:Şile Ayazma Public Beach is located approximately 70 km away from Istanbul city center. Visitors can reach the beach by car, public transportation, or shuttle bus that runs between Şile town center and the beach. Visitors’ Tips:- Visitors are advised to bring sunscreen, hats
1. Ayazma Plaj:The Ayazma Public Beach is a pristine stretch of sand and turquoise water that attracts visitors from all over. It's the perfect place to spend a relaxing day, with amenities like sun loungers, beach umbrellas, and water sports equipment available for rent.
2. Charming Coastal Town:Şile itself is a charming coastal town that's worth exploring. It's known for its traditional Ottoman houses and has a picturesque harbor where you can watch the fishing boats come and go.
3. Şile Lighthouse:The Şile Lighthouse is an iconic landmark that has guided ships safely along the Black Sea coast for over a century. It's located on a small island just off the coast and can be reached via a footbridge.
4. Şile Castle:The Şile Castle is another historic attraction worth visiting. This 19th-century fortification was built to protect the town from pirate attacks and now houses a museum devoted to the area's maritime history.
5. Hike to Şile Waterfall:If you're up for a bit of hiking, make your way to the Şile Waterfall. The trail follows a river through a forested canyon and eventually leads to a beautiful cascade that's especially impressive after heavy rains.
6. Seafood Restaurants:Finally, no visit to Şile would be complete without sampling its famous seafood. There are plenty of restaurants lining the harbor that serve fresh fish, shrimp, and mussels, as well as local delicacies like anchovy börek and hamsi pilav.
The history of the beach dates back to the Ottoman Empire period. It was used as a military base for the Ottoman navy, and the old fortress still exists near the beach. Later on, it was opened to the public as a recreation area and became a popular summer destination with its clean water and beautiful scenery. In 2015, a large renovation project was initiated by the local government to improve the infrastructure and services of the beach. The project included the construction of new changing cabins and showers, the installation of solar panels for energy efficiency, and the enhancement of the public spaces with seating areas and playgrounds. Additionally, the facilities for disabled people were improved to allow them to access the water more easily. Today, Şile Ayazma Public Beach is a popular destination for locals and tourists alike, especially during the summer months. The beach offers a tranquil and relaxing environment along with various water and beach activities. The crystal clear waters and soft sand make it an ideal destination for swimming, sunbathing, and picnics. The surrounding area also has many traditional restaurants and cafes that offer local cuisine and refreshments.